What are some ways I can fundraise?
The more unique, the better! Try to find a fundraising event type that will not directly compete with other successful and long-standing benefit events in your area. Here’s some suggestions to get started:
- Host a party or dinner themed around the country your mandate is in
- Sports - Participate in a Cycle, Triathlon or 5K, host a tournament
- Birthdays and holidays - Ask for donations in lieu of gifts
Tips! Use your local community contacts to kick start your fundraiser, such as your office, church, gym, or school. Engage those that already share a common interest with you.
How do I get started?
- Click Start a Fundraiser to create your Crossroader fundraiser page. You will receive your own personal page and tools to help you maximize your success.
What steps should I take to maximize donations?
- Go first: Make a donation to your page. Others are more inclined to give when they see that you are dedicated to the cause.
- Get personal: Add a photo and share your story on why you are raising funds for our organization. By telling your story, your friends and family will feel more connected to the cause.
- Send emails: Use the tools to send emails to your network of contacts, telling them why you are raising funds for our organization and make the ask for donations.
- Get social: Did you know that fundraisers raise 40% more by using social media? Let all of your friends and followers know that you are raising money, and share why the cause is important to you.
- Follow up: Did you know that it takes on average 3 asks to result in one gift? Once you have received a donation, don’t forget to thank your donor.
How do I send in the money I collect myself?
- Mail your donations to Crossroads International at 49 Bathurst St. Suite 201, Toronto Ontario M5V 2P2
Are donations tax-deductible?
- Crossroads International will issue a tax receipt for any donation over $20.
Who should I contact if I need more information?
- If you need assistance with logos or have general questions about creating your own fundraiser, contact Michael at Michael@cintl.org